Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Fairy Mouse For Rosemary

Good morning Rosemary and anyone else who is interested,

I'm pleased you like my little fairies. I can't remember where I learnt the technique but it is very simple.

I either drew or found the images of the fairies, dragon or unicorn that I liked. I the reduced each image to appliqué "bits" on vixofix. I prepared a backing and batting using iron-on pellon. I appliquéd the images on to the batting/backing using satin stitch. When is was securely fix in place I carefully cut around them with a small very sharp pair of scissors, being very careful not to cut the satin stitching around the edge.

This is a photo of a little fairy mouse that I have half made. He should be finished soon!





And here he is!  Once I posted the unfinished mouse I just had to finish him.  Humm I think he needs an eye!

3 comments:

Julie said...

A delightful Fairy Mouse!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

that was me above Sally. new pc just getting the hang of it.

Lovely post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...