Monday, December 05, 2011

Where has November gone?

Dear, very patient, Reader,

I apologise most humbly for my extended absence. I have been flying!

I have been home for 2 weeks and I think I am finally starting to feel normal. It has taken a week for my brain to catch up with my body!  I then fell head first into a big black hole!  I couldn't get out of my own way!



Hopefully energy has returned and will stay!
Sunrise over Texas!

I had my amazing trip to North America. I couldn't blog from there because my internet connection was too slow - in fact it was so slow I couldn't even use Skype successfully (I could see but not hear! DH and I had to hold up hand written notes to the camera to communicate)!



The reason for my trip was to see my quilts hanging in Lisa Walton's exhibition at The International Quilt Festive, in Houston. 

What an amazing feeling see "Blackbirds" hanging in the same space as some of the most amazing quilts I have ever seen.




This is part of the market at the Festival! There were 20 aisles of vendors! It was huge - much bigger than I could have ever imagined.

Needless to say, I spent way too much but I enjoyed every minute of it!  I walked miles in the Convention Centre.  I was there for the full 5 days and I think I managed to see everything.




This is a view of the exhibition area, just to give you an idea of the scale of the place.  The beige wall in the center distance is the wall that divides the exhibition space from the Market!  There were over 1500 quilts diplayed.

Once I sort my photos out I'll post some of them to the blog.





Hugz



5 comments:

Linda Robertus said...

Good to hear from you again Sally! Sounds like a wonderful experience - looking forward to seeing more photos!

Penny said...

Glad you are home, I have been wondering how your trip went.Looking forward to the next photos.

Robbie said...

Glad you got out of that 'hole'! It's too dark and dank in there!!! Houston is a hoot isn't it! Good you had the five days...you never get to see it all but I'm sure you did!!

Annette said...

Welcome home Sally, sorry to hear about the black hole, but glad you are on the upside now. Great photos.. thank you for showing..

hugs

Robin Mac said...

Wow, what an experience that would have been - so glad you are out of the black hole, I am looking forward to seeing more photos soon. Cheers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...