Saturday, June 20, 2009

I'm a Happy Quilter

I got My Bernina 440 QE back today! Yeah!!!!! She has been in hospital for 2 months. One of the computer cards that controls the power to the computer died which meant that the poor machine had the lights on but no-one was home. I could sew for 5 mins and then - nothing! Hit the on-off button twice - sew for 5 mins - Nothing! Very frustrating!
The 30 year old Janome worked well and hard but she just wasn't the same. It has a nice straight stitch but not as smooth and quiet! And she does have a 1/4" foot. That is why I've been doing the foundation pieced "Lisa Jane" blocks. The Bernina gives me a lot more control over speed and the needle. I do love my Bernina. I'm so glad she is home.

Janome has made the first 19 1/2 blocks of Lisa Jane, but I think she might be retired now and just sew the "other stuff" - mending and hems. Sad really - she was the machine I used to teach myself how to quilt.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...