Sunday, September 06, 2009

A SnowFlakes Chance in Hell

Earlier today Julie asked a question about a quilt in a book.  I had the book and identified the block for her.  I told her I would post a pic here.

I just had a good look at the photo of this on the web - oh yuck!  I'll try to get a better photo and post that!
I did manage to get this quilt through my little Elna sewing machine, some how!  The background is quilted with flames.

You should have seen the quilt that won the challenge - TQG challenge - Kaleidoscope.  From memory it was turtles - just brilliant.  Can a Tassie quilter out there help me here?  Julie needs to see what can be done with this block!

This is my quilt, "A Snow Flakes Chance in Hell"!  I made it in 2005, I think. It might have been 2006 or 2007.  Too tired to go look. I had no idea what I was taking on when I started it.  I think this is the only quilt I have made that I actually had a design for before I started making it.

It is a Kaleidoscope quilt. 
It is 2.15 meters in diameter - the blocks in the quilt are 6" square.  There are nearly 2,000 beads in the centre!












This is a photo of the beading partly done.  Julie, if you look closely you can see the block!







The quilt still partially beaded - a bigger view.













The quilt on the eightball table (in my sewing room).  Well it was my sewing room until we sold that house 3 years ago.  It was a really good room but very, very cold - so was the whole house.  That's why we sold and moved on.  One of the QDU Birthday chats, Anjii sent me a prize for bravery!  I was sent two FQ's of chillies and other things hot!  I nearly froze my tail off ! "Snowflake" was on the eitghtball table as a work in progress that night!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...