The theme screamed to me " Look in your Geology books!!!!!!" So I did! I found strata!
I started with a very uninteresting monoprint (that I forgot to take a photo of, then I printed over it with a lino block that I carved with "strata" in mind.
I was going to make each ATC individually but when I started to quilt them, the sewing machine took over and they did their own thing!
I squared it up and cut to size (2.5" x 3.5"). This exercise was one of the most liberating quilty things I have done for a long time!
Some of the finished products!
The idea of the swap is that we will eventually "Do" all the elements - water, air, fire - humm - I think there is another one but I can't remember. My lino - I think - I can do all the elements with the same block, just changing the colour and the quilting to change the "element". That's the plan!
Now off to hand sew the binding to my stained glass!