Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Challenge I've been given! The F word!

On Sunday I discovered that there was a challenge out there!  Actually it had been "out there" since April, but I wasn't a member of Stitching and Beyond then!  Anyway, me being me, thought I'd give it a go!   It has to be ready early next week! 

The challenge is - "The F Word"!

Well, after all the ......... bits went through my mind - I rummaged through all my bits and pieces in the stash - the ones I wanted are really on the floor behind the sewing machine.  I found Lisa Waltons "forest " fabric!

So here is my answer to the challenge (bindings still to be finished!


Please meet Forest Fire!  I think that meets the criteria!










Here are 2 detail photos.  I have used two threads in the needle and really played with the machine tension to get texture onto the surface (loops).  It was a big job to get the machine back to norma to sew the first of the bindings onl!





I really have has fun with this because I threw all the quilting rules out the window!  Well, I tried to!




Please let me know what you think.




Hugz


10 comments:

Robbie said...

Cool piece, Sally! I see you're still into GREEN! But...the orange/red really sets the green off very well!! Nicely done!

Stephanie Newman said...

Love the firey red and murky lurky greens- what fun you had stitching!

PamelaJ said...

Very very Nice , Lovely quilting and use of colour, How big is the piece.!

Birdydownunder said...

very impressive. You continue to amaze me.

Kali said...

I love your forest fire Sally, and on my computer the green looks perfect. Love the stiching embellishment you've done.

cinzia said...

It looks great. Can't wait to see the full quilt.

Linda’s Textiles said...

This looks great Sally! love the stitching, colours and use of the fabric.

Daphne said...

Looks fantastic, Sally. I wish I could let myself go like that to make original and artier (is that a word?) quilts!

Del Soden said...

I want to come live with you so that some of this incredible creativeness can rub off on me.

Lisa Walton said...

This looks really terrific Sally. Hope you will bring it to show me when I see you in Feb.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...