Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Flaunt - KISS


I have been working on 2 quilts this week and they are poles apart in every way possible.  The first one is the challenge quilt for the Southern Cross Quilters Retreat in Bathurst.  That quilt is made from flannelette shirts!  I haven't done enough of it yet to show.  I'm just working on the blocks.

The second quilt is my KISS (keep it simple stupid) quilt.  50/50 cotton/silk and freemotion stitching.





A little free motion bee!







Rocks and flowers!

It really is amazing what happens when you start to look at your sewing machine needle as a coloured pencil!


Hugz

9 comments:

cinzia said...

Love your free motion. Funny when I opened up only a part screen showed and it looked just like a wire necklace and the rings which some African women wear around their necks. I was impressed at how well you had executed it:)
Still looks great even if it isn't what I thought.
Happy moving!

Julie said...

I love your free motion stitching, it is so good!

Linda Robertus said...

It looks great, can't wait to see more!

Paxton said...

You are just getting better and better, Sal! Absolutely LOVE your work! You are just so inspiring!

Jan said...

I love your work!!!
What a cool way to look at it, your needle as a coloured pencil!!!!
Looking forward to seeing more.
cheers, Jan

Del Soden said...

This looks great!!!!
I'm going to have to pick your brain when you get to Bx.

Sandy said...

Just one word from me ....

"W O W"

suewalen said...

Terrific work,Sally. You are clearly a wizard of free motion.
Sue Walen in Bethesda, MD

Birdydownunder said...

fabulous...but I still think you need to be able to draw.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...