Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Autumn in Hobart



Somewhere out there is the house I moved from 2 months ago.  I took this photo this morning at about 10.30, from the staff room.  Not a bad view from a school staff room.  One of these days I'll show you the view from my Science Prep Room sink!  If I remember I'll do it tomorrow.

The air was still and cold and the fog just sat!  How pretty is it?  The fog finally cleared about 2pm.







I took this from the staff room as well.  I was sitting there having morning tea with the "girls" and I looked out the window and saw these leaves!  I just had to take the photo.

Because I don't have my beautiful view any more, I went for a wander around the grounds at school a took photos of the trees!




This tree  presides over the staff car park.  it is red for about 2 weeks and then it is just a skeleton for winter.

That is how fast Winter has arrived in Hobart this year!






This beautiful specimen lives outside the School Chapel. You can see the Gym behind it! I do miss the views from the old house but I have the views that I work with every day! I just need to keep my camera in my pocket!

Hugz

(Blogger has decided I can't edit my post to look the way I want it!   Not happy Jan!)

3 comments:

Lindi said...

Glorious colours! I love this time of the year.

Chris said...

couldn't agree more, Sally - have you seen my neat autumn slideshow? double click for full screen... thought I should upskill but haven't got to the multiple pages yet! Bali tomorrow!Cx

Ozjane said...

Lovely lovely trees.
Sometimes I find I can beat blogger into submission if I take note of and change the text justification button.....just a thought.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...