Wednesday, May 19, 2010

KISS Finished!


I finally got into my sewing room and did some serious sewing for the first time in nearly two weeks!  I felt so good.  I'm still trying to get used to the idea of not being able to put my feet down without kicking something or treading on something, but I'll get there eventually!
I finished my KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) quilt.  It is 20 inches square and we were limited to two fabrisc and straight stitch only, by machine or hand or both.  My friend Chris explains it all so much better on her blog! While you are there, have a look at her KISS quilt - it's brilliant!

I really am amazed at what you can do with a sewing machine and a vague idea!  Like the Zentangles I do, it just grew as I went along!

Now all I need is a name for it!  Anyone got any good ideas?  I'd love to hear them.



Hugz


10 comments:

Linda Robertus said...

it's beautiful, Sally! (maybe I should put mine up on the blog as well...) It does remind me of your Zentangeles - what about Zentangled?

Ozjane said...

Stumps, stones and sand

Maggi said...

I love what you have done with this. I am useless at names I'm afraid.

Paxton said...

... what about Zen-garden ... looks like a Japanese rock garden (karesansui) ... or Mind-Scape. All from Zen Buddhism. Looks great, Saddle!! Love it.

Robbie said...

Sally, your KISS piece turned out great! Love the 'doodling'. I had my finished on April 30th and emailed Dijanne but didn't send a pic..wasn't sure if we could post but glad to see we can! I'll have to post on mine this week! Thanks again!

Del said...

I agree with Paxton. The first thought in my mind when I saw your finished quilt was "Zen garden!" Del in SCalifornia

Daphne said...

How very clever to have done all of this by straight stitching only. I like Zen Garden too.

Helen from Hobart said...

Isolated
Deserted
Bugged
I thought I was alone and then Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz

shirley said...

Sally, have just found your page, and loved to read of your wonderful time at Bathurst...Haven't heard the KISS thing before...but think I should put it up on my wall in my sewing room at home.

Lindi said...

Beautiful, Sally! I love the idea of Zen Garden, too. Amazing what you can do with simplicity.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...