Thursday, July 29, 2010
I'm back and awake. I'll finish this post now!
Sun Print in the middle of winter in the middle of the night - under a light! It might work. I do hope it does. The masks are 2 die cut butterflies and a mask I used for a screen print. The poppies are cut from Lithopaper! They have been used to screen print a few weeks ago. I managed to pull them from the screen without damage.
I'm holding my breath on this one! I'm not really confident because it is really cold tonight and the heat is a simple incandescent (?) lamp. Fingers crossed!
I'll post about the finished product in a min! How sad!
This is my new sewing room, set up for printing. It is about an 1/8th of the space I used to have. I have no idea how I have fitted into this little space but I have and now I am now a lot more organised. (and there is a lot more stuff all over the house!)
Please don't tell SweetPea (DH).
Crayon Batik - I tried one with coloured crayons and it was horrid! Just a mish mash of stuff! I found some white oil crayons and this is the end result - I still have to hit it with a hot iron to remove the oil/wax. Much better than the first!
Cling Wrap This is still a work in progress - 24 hours later it is still wet! This technique is not good for my patience!
PS Will edit this post tomorrow! I'm going to bed now! OK - I slept, got up and went to work, came home, cooked dinner, fixed this post and now I can do stuff! It's Friday and I might just relax! We'll see what happens