Annette took me seriously and asked how I did what I did with the prints I
showed in the last post. I thought I'd do a bit of a guided tour of the fun I've been having for the last couple of weeks!
1. Green and brown poppies and pears
The large pears are a lino print and the text and the rest are eraser prints (I just bought soe more erasers - I love how easy they are to cut. Its a shame I can't get larger ones.
Lino again and playing with colour on my pallette. This might just end up hanging on my Kitchen wall once I've played with it on my sewing machine.
3. Gelatine plate mono print, eraser poppies and some of my lino feathers. I like monoprinting using a gelatine plate. The softness of the plate seems to change the texture of the print. As the plate breaks down (as it evenntually does) you get some serendipity starting to happen and you get some very interesting effects.
4. Summer grasses - sunprint
The sun was finally warm enough ( and visible!) to try some sun printing. This print is Okish - definitely a winter print but I like it! I dried some grasses at the end of last summer and I used them to sunprint - I wish I had dried more of them. grrr!
Something to work with later.
5. The start of another wall quilt.
Now - this is a work in progress - I am very hopeful it has a big future! What have i done here?
a. Lino print red back ground
b. Hand painted poppy head
c. Eraser cut prints
d. Foam plate print with an eraser reduction (I used a roller to paint the plate, then stamped it with one of my eraser stamps to remove some of the paint)
e. A little bit of piecing and applique happening as well!
I really like where this is going at the moment
It was magic when I saw that I accidentally lined the prints up to creat a chain effect. I'll be using that again I think.
7. Foam plate prints
When I first started to learn how to do lino printing I bought a pack of foam plates that are designed for printing too, but I didn't use them - I got hooked on the lino!
They are so easy to use - I "drew" on the foam with the end of one of my paint brushes. The wiggley line with the circles is just that, drawn with the end of a brush!
8. Spray paint with masks
I had fun in my button draws! Buttons, buckles and charms. The paint sprayed a little splashy but I like the effect. I think the yellow was a bit to thin because it started to wick badly. I had to dry it quickly with the hair drier.
I had fun with this one. Agasin I used the gelatine plate. I painted it blue and then used a toothed scraper to remove some of the paint. I put circles of plastic onto the plate and then lifted a print (not shown). I carefully lifted the circles and repainted and scraped the plate. I then placed the circles back onto the plate with the paint side up (the paint from the first print). I took a second print - this one.
I hope that all this makes some sense!
I'd love to know what you think.