Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Passages - I think



These two are going to be my next quilt - they are the building blocks.  Sailing ships and the mouth of the Derwent River, Tasmania, Australia! 

This is where my Great, Great Grand Mother found herself when she was 18 years old.  She was "dark of hair and blue of eye and sallow of skin"  and 4 foot 10 inches.  Her crime was "highway robbery"

She sailed into this river but never saw it from south!  She died at the age of 102 - she committed suicide - she walked into a train - she had had enough.  That is the story my Mother has told me and I believe it.  I can go look at the paper work I've inherited but I don't need to!

This is "Passage"  She will be finished by the beginning of December.

Hugz
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Chris said...

Lovely to see such a personal story, Sally - amazing! And the blue is exactly what we see on those amazing blue dys we get at times (not this coming week tho' according to .bom!!)Cx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...