Thursday, March 31, 2011

Been missing again!

I have been missing! 

My excuse?
I really don't have one.  Well....  Maybe.....

I've had my head down and my tail up at work.  By the time I get home I'm pretty much brain dead.  That really is a feeble excuse - I should be creating to re charge the batteries.

I guess I've been doing that - or something close.




I've started to play with altered books. I've got 3 of them on the go.  You need to - while one is drying you still have two to play with.










I really have done a few pages.  I learning to play with new tools.



But what I'm really doing is procrastinating!  I have a big quilt I need to make and I have hit a huge wall of inertia!  I'm trying really hard to create my way out of it!



Wish me luck.  I think I need it.   I'll try not to stay away for so long.  Sorry dear reader!

Hugz




6 comments:

Gina said...

This made me laugh because I've been doing the same and have started two altered books this week when I have got so many other things I should be doing. But they are great for a quick 10 minute art fix!

Robin Mac said...

You may have hit the wall with your quilt, but you have certainly been having fun with all those lovely altered book pages. Surely your inspiration and desire will return soon for the quilt. Cheers.

elle said...

I relate. I also luv altered books and your pages are great!

Robbie said...

I really like the 1st pic (2nd page is nice too) but the colors in the 1st are wonderful as is the design! OK, these are a good excuse, along with the real job, for not showing us more of your wonderful work!

rooee said...

that is neat Sally! you are so talented with all that you do.

Anonymous said...

Just catching up and I love all your sketches. Your altered books are great. Hope you get over your inertia soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...