Thursday, January 19, 2012

An afternoon in the studio

I have had the best day today.

I spent this morning, in my studio, in my dressing gown, playing with my silk screens. I know the dressing gown was a bit over the top but gee! I was going out for lunch and I thought I could do the shower to wash the paint off! It worked!

I cut a positive and negative pomegranate to make two screens




 I am making a quilt for our bed  - finally a quilt for our bed!  Sweet Pea (DH) has spoken!  We have a quist weeklt on King Single that really would be called!  The weather the last week has been way too hot for the doona and it was the only quilt that would go anywhere near fitting!

Just not big enough!







I started to play with the hand dyes I had and the stencils I had at hand.  It was coming to gether but I wasn't happy with the way they were coming together.

A big screen was needed.

A big pomegranate!


The cat left the studio - I think she was worried that she would be printed on too!  I had forgotten how much I love working with silk screens.  I still like thermofaxes but silk screen are different!








I had lunch today with two daughters and two grand daughters!  And DH joined us later.  A two hour lunch is special.  The company and the food were very good.


We ( 15 yo grand daughter and I) got hame at about 3.  We went straight to my studio to watch Dr Who on DVD and to create.  Georgie poddled in her journal and I made a wall hanging for our bedroom (auditioning the colour scheme I want to use in the quilt) and here it is!



POPPY
77 cm x 44 cm


I am enjoying annual leave so much!

Tomorrow Georgia and I are off to MONA for the morning!  Another adventure!



Posted by Picasa 

2 comments:

Robbie said...

Your prints are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Can't wait to see the finished quilt! Just amazing prints!!!!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Just happened upon your very interesting blog. Your pomegranates drew my eye as I'm working on a huge pomegranate piece right now. It's always enjoyable to see the different interpretations of this strange fruit (of which I have an orchard!).
best from Tunisia,
nadia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...