Monday, May 03, 2010

I'm off to Bathurst!

I belong to an Internet quilt group called Southern Cross Quilters.  Every year they have a get together, otherwise known as a Retreat.  This year it is being held in Bathurst NSW.
I've been planning to got to this for months but it very nearly did not happen.  When Mum passed away 2 weeks ago, I thought I really shouldn't go.  I'd have to take more time off work and it was all too hard!   But my boss said """GO""".  So, GO I am!


On Thursday, I'm hopping on a plane to Sydney and then a smaller plane to Bathurst, for 4-5 days of fun, food and fabric!
Over the weekend I made two small quilts to give away at the retreat.  One is for my Angel (she who has been plying me with gifts for the last three months) and the other is for my Mortal (who I've been plying with gifts)!  They are both 18" x 12".  I really do hope they like them.



I still have to finish my Challenge quilt - I've called it my "Fugly Flanny"

Here is a sneaky peek at it!

Three Sleeps and then I fly!!!!!!


Hugz

6 comments:

Penny said...

Have a wonderful time.

Maggi said...

Have a fantastic time, it sounds just what you need. Your small quilts are beautiful.

Robbie said...

Enjoy your time away! The retreat will do wonders for you! A great boss to tell you to "go"!!

Paxton said...

Enjoy, Sal! Forget about life for a while - Hobart will still be here when you get back; I'll take care of it for you!

Chris said...

Well done, for taking the time out - have a ball!! Cx

aykayem said...

those 2 feathery quilts are gorgeous - well done!
jeepers - what a lot u have been through in the last few weeks! - and I thought my life could get hectic ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...